Ever since the advent of cloud computing, it has become easier for a web user to store and share files online. Indeed, you can now transfer and distribute online without requiring any physical storage devices. This is made possible by utilizing file hosting platforms like Rapidgator.net. With the emergence of such services, you simply have to upload your files to these platforms and retrieve them whenever you need to access the files.
So what is Rapidgator.net?
Rapidgator is an online platform that offers file storage services. By becoming a free member or a Rapidgator premium account holder, you can upload, store, transfer, manage, and distribute your files and documents easily from the convenience of your home or office.
Rapidgator has been actively in business for the past 9 years since its inception in the year 2010. However, while the real owners of the company are situated in the Bahamas, we established that the Rapidgator website is hosted in Russia with its data centers located in several countries, including the United States.
Like most file-sharing platforms, registering with Rapidgator is very easy. The process only requires your email address and a password. Interestingly, you do not even have to verify your email address to access your account. You can start uploading files right away as soon as you fulfill the requirements.
The best part is that Rapidgator is free, and you do not have to pay a dime to become a member. However, free members can only access so much in terms of size limits and storage space. Considering this, it is easy to tell that free membership is only ideal for people who want to store files temporarily. If you often deal with plenty of files, then it is always a good idea to upgrade to a Rapidgator premium account.
How Rapidgator Works
When it comes to operating your Rapidgator account, you only need basic computer skills such as how to open a folder, how to use file explorer and how to search for files, in order to transfer your files and documents seamlessly. Rapidgator makes it easy for everyone, including novice users, to upload, manage, and share their files with friends and business associates.
What is more exciting is that you can upload any type of file, including apps, music files, photos, videos, zipped files, and flash files, among many others. However, these files must comply with the terms of service of Rapidgator.
To upload files, use the following steps:
- Click the “Upload files” button
- Click “Choose file.”
- Search for your file or document using file explorer (Windows Explorer)
- Select the file you want to upload
- Click “Upload”
- Once the upload process is complete, you will obtain your download and deletion link
As with other file hosting platforms, you may also upload your files using FTP upload and Remote upload. FTP is the most preferred, considering that it is fast and easy to use, especially when uploading large files. However, you have to use an FTP client such as FileZilla to upload your files using this method.
Remote upload, on the other hand, allows you to transfer files directly using HTTP links. These links “point” to the location of your file in the localhost from another remote computer. This may come in handy if the internet connection of the local host is very slow.
The only problem is that the Rapidgator website tends to be slower thus, it might quickly turn into a frustrating experience, especially if you need to upload and store your files urgently.
Is Rapidgator Safe?
Rapidgator positions itself as a fast, safe, and secure file hosting provider. True to this description, the company has enforced several security mechanisms to protect the integrity of files stored on their servers and safeguard members from fraudsters and scammers.
Firstly, the website has an SSL certificate to indicate that they use secure socket layer encryption to protect the transmission of data between your browser and Rapidgator servers. Additionally, Rapidgator secures all payments through an SSL connection, and the company’s online payment provider is PCI DDS L1-compliant.
Another distinct security measure is that other registered users cannot search for your files unless you share a link with them. This goes a long way to protect your personal files from unauthorized access and possible misuse.
Rapidgator Membership Levels
|Download speed:||300 Kbytes/s||Unlimited|
|Download restriction:||One file per 120 minutes||No|
|Download without any time delays:||30 seconds||Yes|
|Resume aborted downloads:||No||Yes|
|Download by direct link||No||Yes|
|File Size Limit||500 MB||5 GB|
|When are your files deleted?||30 days||30 days or 90 days|
Rapidgator has two membership levels, including basic level and premium level. The basic level is free, but it has limited access to various services. Firstly, basic users can only upload files up to 500 MB and download the same amount per day. In addition, Rapidgator deletes files stored by free users after every 30 days.
As if that is not enough, free users have to contend with slow upload/download speeds, not to mention the fact that they have to fill out a Captcha code before they can initiate a download process.
Another annoying aspect about free membership is that you have to put it with dozens of ads every time you download files. These numerous ads are not only irritating, but also slow down the download process by a few seconds.
Considering all these shortcomings, you are advised to upgrade to a Rapidgator premium account.
Rapidgator Premium Features
The Rapidgator premium account comes with all the crucial features required for an exceptional file hosting experience. In essence, premium users do not have to face the numerous restrictions that basic levels face, such as slow speeds and limited downloads. Here are some of the features offered by Rapidgator Premium.
- Unlimited download speeds：Free users experience very slow speeds based on the bandwidth offered by your internet service provider. However, Rapidgator provides premium members with fast, unlimited download speeds and priority uploading. Moreover, you can download files in multiple threads, translating to faster speeds.
- No queues for file downloads：With premium membership, you do not have to wait for 30 seconds or enter a Captcha code to initiate a download process. You can download files right away with having to queue. Moreover, you do not have to contend with numerous annoying ads as it is the case with free membership.
- Simultaneous downloads：Another benefit of premium membership is the users can download multiple files at the same time. Moreover, you can pause and resume your downloads at any time without having to start afresh.
- 5 GB download limit：While free users can only upload and download up to 500 MB, Rapidgator allows premium members to upload and download up to 5 GB per day. Additionally, you can store your files in the Rapidgator servers forever, depending on your premium plan.
- Download manager support：Rapidgator premium supports various download managers, such as Download Accelerator, FlashGet, and GetRight. This makes it easier for premium users to download files quickly and seamlessly.
Upgrading to Rapidgator Premium Account
Upgrading to a Rapidgator premium is very easy. You just need to click on the premium menu and select your preferred plan. Rapidgator offers up to 9 payment plans for premium users. The best part is that these plans are reasonably affordable, contrary to what most people believe. Here is a breakdown of Rapidgator premium plans.
- $14.99 for 30 days – Includes 1 TB bandwidth and unlimited storage for 60 days
- $14.99 for 30 days – Includes 1 TB bandwidth and 3 TB storage
- $29.99 for 60 days – Includes 2 TB bandwidth and 3 TB storage
- $39.99 for 90 days – Includes 4 TB bandwidth and unlimited storage for 60 days
- $39.99 for 90 days – Includes 4 TB bandwidth and 3 TB storage
- $49.99 for 180 days – Includes 6 TB bandwidth and unlimited storage for 60 days
- $69.99 for 180 days – Includes 6 TB bandwidth and 3 TB storage
- $99.99 for 365 days – Includes 12 TB bandwidth and unlimited storage for 60 days
- $99.99 for 365 days – Includes 12 TB bandwidth and 10 TB storage
Take note, when you subscribe to Rapidgator premium, you automatically sign for auto-renewal by default. In essence, Rapidgator will renew your subscription 24 hours before the current premium subscription expires.
Rapidgator accepts a wide range of payment options, making it convenient for web users to upgrade to a premium account regardless of your geographical location. Accepted payment options include:
- Bitcoin BTC
- Bitcoin Cash BCH
Help and Support
Rapidgator does not have a dependable support center, but it has a comprehensive FAQ section that can help you with some of the queries you might have. In case of any technical issues, you may contact support through the “Contact Us” page or via email.
Rapidgator offers excellent file hosting services. The platform is fast, safe, and very easy to use. In fact, you do not even have to register in order to upload your files to Rapidgator. However, if you want to enjoy more benefits, it is only logical that you sign up to the free service before upgrading to a Rapidgator premium account when you are ready to make the move. In any case, premium services are reasonably affordable and worthy every dime, you have to pay.